Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Oscar madness! My favorite looks from the red carpet


Oh, the sorts of fashion that's paraded in front of the eyes when you sit down for the Oscars. I loved how black and white dominated the oscars' this time. As always, there were some major fashion faux pas and some stunningly beautiful looks. Best and worst dressed I won't do but I will pick out the ones that really caught my eye. Here are a few celebs who I thought looked stunning.



This Alexander McQueen stunner is exquisite! The gold and black chiffon looks bold and creative - the stunning pattern makes a statement straight away. Pure, pure wonder, it's designed to perfection! What would a girl not give to have a dress like this? 


This ethereal white off shoulder gown by Elie Saab is another wonder. Mila Jovavich looks beautiful, love the dark eyes and rouged mouth, hair is beautifully styled. This one is sheer sophistication!



Ah, Penelope Cruz looks gorgeous, doesn't she? I'm in love with her dress for two reason alone - the fabric and the color. It's that wonderful shade of blue, that compels you - mesmerizes you. The drapes of organza spin their magic on my eyes I must say. This Armani gown is breath taking, it evokes feeling of royalty, it truly does and Penelope looks regal wearing it. 



Sandra Bullock looked amazing! The black and white Marchesa gown is divine! The black and white give it a classy and contemporary look at the same time, Love the embellished details and the scooping low back neck! This dress is wow! 


I'm such a crazy Natalie fan. Here she looks chic and classy in this Dior bustier gown. The retro polka dots look fantastic! Also love her necklace and the black clutch! J'adore! 



Despite what a lot of people are saying, I actually liked Emma Stone's gown. I think she looked very pretty and feminine, the hues of pink complimented her fair skin perfectly. The gown is wonderfully draped  of course and I like the halter neck too. I just think a smaller knot at the neck, or perhaps a smaller bunch of fabric might have looked a lot of flattering. Nevertheless, I absolutely love the metallic clutch Emma carries and I think she looks young, fun and pretty. 


1 comment:

  1. oooooooooooooooh! these dresses are gorgeous! If only you could stop being busy and design one for me :D

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete