Friday, 24 February 2012

The beautiful, mysterious and melancholy



This is the beautiful mesmerizing, divine work by Kahori Maki. I simply love these muted hue illustrations. Of late, K M's work has been my sole source of inspiration when it comes to fashion drawing.




There is something wonderfully melancholic about these inked girls, it's sadness and beauty, captivating and thought provoking at the same time.




I particularly am a fan of the dark inks on the eyes, I've always been in love with inks ever since I stumbled upon the works of Cassandra Rhodin [another of my favorite illustrator] The flow of colors as it seeks through the wet page, blending in with the rest and fading.




Kahori Maki's details are perfection! They are simply exquisite! No other words to describe it. I can stare and stare at this illustration above and not get tired of it. Also love the whole surreal, fantasy feel these drawings have. It's like falling down the rabbit hole and discovering a wonderland. 





Despite what many people believe, I think being devoid of color only makes art more interesting because it lets you focus on the finer details without being hampered or distracted by colors. I find sheer joy in these grays.




No comments:

Post a Comment