Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Book Review: Nevermore



Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Bookshelves: Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense, Romance, Young Adult, Favorites

My Verdict ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I guess I can't gush enough how much I loved this book! Lately, I haven't read much books with High school settings and to be honest I thought I was no longer interested in High schoolers but this book proved me wrong. It had me glued to every page! 

A perfect blend of gothic, eerie and fantasy - such a darkly beautiful story! Isobel seems like a typical pretty blonde cheerleader who's got everything going for her. The popular boyfriend, a lovely set of friends, and she's happily enjoying the pretty shallow life she leads. I liked the fact that Isobel really isn't your typical cute cheerleader, she's a lot deeper than that and we see her growing into so much more as she befriends the mysteriously dark somewhat freakish Varen Nethers.

I don't think I've particularly cared for goths before but I did for this one. Something about the way he was described, so very compelling. I wasn't too overly found of his lip piercing but it was a slight thing to overlook really. I think it's stupid people go on and on, ranting about how ugly the faces are on the cover [seriously people. It's a book that gives you descriptions. Go ahead and form images to your liking. Don't go ranting if your mind isn't creative enough to come up with something satisfactory] I loved every bit of Varen, his character was intriguing, deep and soulful - with the disturbingly right amount of creepy. and let's not forget Poe! ♥

This book had me hooked from the first page, the composition startling and the concept unique and interesting. I just love everything to do about the unconscious mind, dreams, different realms and such. I loved the detailed descriptions, the words were never dull and the story was perfectly paced. Towards the end, there was so much thrill, adrenaline pumping frenzy really. And my stomach fell into a bottomless pit when Reynolds return Isobel home and the policemen arrive. Dear Lord! It was like my heart was shrinking.

The ending made me feel so many things.

Sad.

Hopeful.

Melancholy.

Rage.

Impatience.

Ah. I could go on and on, I'm really looking forward to the next installment of the series. Can't wait for the release next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment