Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Book Review: Entwined


Entwined by Heather Dixon
Bookshelves: Fantasy, Young Adult, Historical

My Verdict ♥ ♥ ♥ 3/4

This book didn't start in the most appealing manner for me. I have to admit, the story telling wasn't too great. It kind of fell flat and a tad dull most times. It felt rushed, with vague details. I like stories which give descriptive details of characters, the surroundings and such. This book had me guessing a lot of things, leaving gaps for my mind to fill [which isn't too good when it comes to characters]. 


I stumbled a bit with the story before it caught my attention but once it did, I enjoyed it. The reason I gave it more than 3 stars is solely on the story. I loved it. It was like falling into a world of fantasy, revisiting fairy tales from my childhood by taking a walk through the secret entrance into the dark pavilion and dancing away the night in the presence of the most handsome man you've ever set eyes on. So intriguing. Most assuredly too good to be true. 


It's hard not to like a story which reminds me of beauty and the beast [magic teapots and all] and Alice in Wonderland with the right amount of darkness added on top for a perfect finish. 


I loved the 12 princesses, they shared a lovely bond and a lot of fun and adventure I suppose. Come to think of it, having 11 sisters is like having a sleepover with your girl friends every night. 


This book actually put me in a festive mood [despite the seriousness of it] the mentioning of yuletide and Christmas - it also made me want to dance which is saying something because I'm not the dancing sort.

2 comments:

  1. I havn't read this one. A few friends told me it was boring n they neva got to finish it.

    i'm more of a fast paced quick story girl xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it might be a tad dull for you if that's the case. Like I said in my review, the starting was actually awful. The writing was bad, description poor and worst of all it was all so confusing. Took me a while to get used to the style of story telling but i think before the half of the book, it becomes interesting.

    ReplyDelete